Winston-Salem Federal Credit Union
About Us

About Us


Why do I need to have a savings account with the credit union?
Your $25.00 in a savings account means you own one share of the credit union and are a part owner with full voting rights. Once you are a member/owner of the credit union, you are eligible to take advantage of the other services available at the credit union. If your savings balance falls below the $25.00 level, you will need to make a deposit to bring the balance back up to $25.00 to maintain your membership.
Back to Top

How can I do a transaction if the Credit Union is closed?
ATM machines are available 24 hours, 7 days a week for inquiries and withdrawals. Also, you can go to any credit union that participates in shared branching for transactions. Go to to find one of over 6,000 credit unions that participate. Lastly, there is always Ultra Voice phone banking, online banking, mobile banking, and our mobile app.
Back to Top

Why can't I use the $25.00 in my savings account to cover my outstanding checks?
The $25.00 in your savings account maintains your membership in the credit union. If we were to use the $25.00 to cover checks, your membership would not be in good standing, and possible expulsion from the credit union could result.
Back to Top

Why do I need to show an I.D. every time I make a transaction?
In order to better protect your money and account information, our tellers are instructed to ask for your membership card or a driver's license. While some tellers may come to know you, and therefore not ask for ID, others tellers may be new or not know you and ask for identification. We are not trying to make things difficult, just safer for you and your money.
Back to Top

Why can't I cash my friend's check, he endorsed it over to me on the back?
This is also for your protection; as the last endorser, you become responsible to repay the check if it does not clear. Back to Top

How many times can I use my ATM card before I get charged a fee?
Cash Points and most other Credit Union owned ATMs don't charge a surcharge fee. You may use your ATM or Check Card eight (8) times each month without being charged a fee. After the first eight (8) free transactions, you will be charged $1.50 per ATM transaction. You are allowed unlimited Point-of-sale ATM and VISA network transactions without charge.
Back to Top

Why was my ATM card taken by the machine?
There can be several reasons why the ATM machine failed to return your card. The ATM machine may have malfunctioned; you entered your PIN number incorrectly three times; and, if the card is not taken out of the machine within the allotted time period after the transaction is completed. Lastly, the machine may have been instructed to retain the card by us. If the card was reported lost, your accounts currently have negative balances, or if there has been NSF activity on your account, we will (may) instruct the machine to keep your ATM card.
Back to Top

Why won't the ATM machine let me withdraw more than $100.00?
Our ATM cards have a withdrawal limit of $500.00 per 24 hour period. Occasionally, there is a problem with the ATM network and we are unable to verify balances in your accounts. In this situation, the withdrawal limit is lowered to $100.00 per 24 hour period. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but this prevents members from overdrawing their accounts by mistake.
Back to Top

How long do I have to be off work before disability insurance starts paying my loan payments?
You need to be out of work under a doctors care for at least 30 days before you can file a claim. Your loan payments are covered from the first day of disability if you are disabled for over 30 days. We do not have the claim forms at the credit union. If you need a claim form, contact us at 336-727-2663 and speak with a Collections Officer. We will have a form mailed to you. Once the form is completed return it to the credit union and we will submit the claim for payment.
Back to Top

Who do I talk to about my disability claim?
A credit union members service representative can handle disability insurance claims for your loans. You can call 336-727-2663 and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Back to Top

Can I make interest only loan payments?
We do not accept interest only loan payments at the credit union. All payment plans must include enough money to reduce the outstanding balance on the loan. This is for both our benefit and your benefit. This way the value of the collateral will not fall far below the amount of the loan and leave you in an unsecured position.
Back to Top

Who do I talk to concerning my delinquent loan/account?
If you have a delinquent loan, you need to contact our office at 336-727-2663. Someone will be able to speak to you about payment options and the status of your account.
Back to Top

What is Collateral Protection Insurance (CPI)?
If the credit union is holding the title to your vehicle as collateral for a loan, we require that you provide insurance. If you do not provide proof of insurance, the credit union will add Collateral Protection Insurance to your loan. CPI is very expensive, and covers the value of the vehicle only. It does not cover liability and it is not valid insurance as required by North Carolina law for all motorists. It will only reimburse the credit union in case of an accident.
Back to Top

711 Salem Avenue, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Privacy Policy
Notices, Terms, and Conditions
Phone 336-727-2663 or 336-788-5007
Ultra Voice 336-748-3500
Visa Credit Card 800-558-3424
PIN reset/change for debit card 800-567-3451
Lost/Stolen ATM or debit card 800-554-8969
Routing Number 253177968
Unauthorized access or use is not permitted and may constitute a crime punishable by law